Saturday, May 30, 2009

Enjoying some R&R

Hey! How you doing? I'm great! I'm smack dab in the middle of my joyous 3 days off in a row. Yesterday, my roommates and I were supposed to go the movies to see the new Disney movie, Up, but we ended up going out to eat at Olive Garden instead. Fine with me, I loves me some Olive Garden!! lol. Today was super fun. Nikki, Katelyn and I went to Typhoon Lagoon and then to Magic Kingdom! Typhoon Lagoon was so fun. First we rode Crush N' Gusher, and then I dragged them both on the super tall, super fast, super FUN body slide, Humunga Kowagunga. They were both terrified, lol, but they did go on it. I was so proud of them :) it was so much fun! We did a couple more water slides, and then hit the wave pool. It was a lot of fun, the waves were SO big! After that, we were ready for some FOOD lol. Katelyn and Nikki both had a super pretzel, yum, and I.....I had a delicious...scrumptous....delectable...super yummy TURKEY LEG! YUM :) It was so great. After we ate, we decided to do one more thing before heading over to Magic Kingdom. That thing turned out to be something that I had always been afraid to do - Shark Reef. Shark Reef is an attraction where you snorkel in a reef full of fish, sharks, and sting rays! I was so scared, but since I forced Nikki and Katelyn to go on Humunga Kowabunga, there was no way they were letting me back out of doing Shark Reef! (Karma) lol. The water was absolutely FREEZING! They have to keep the water temperature at 68 degrees for the sharks. I got used the water after a couple minutes though, and my fears were also fading. It was so cool! I'm really glad I decided to do it, or rather, they made me do it lol.

Next, we hopped on over to the Happiest Place on Earth, the Magic Kingdom! YAY! It was really special becuase it was Katelyn's first time visiting the Magic Kingdom! We we got there, we went over to City Hall on Main Street and got her a "1'st visit" button. Nikki and I also got buttons that said "I'm Celebrating", because we were celebrating Katelyn's first visit to Magic Kingdom lol. It was really cute. Katelyn was really excited, and I was excited for her. The first thing we did was hurry over to Adventureland because we suddenly realized that our roommate Jeanna was working today. She works as a skipper at the Jungle Cruise. We wanted to go surprise her at work and see if we could get on her boat. It was perfect timing becuase a few minutes after we got in line, we heard and announcement over the loudspeaker congratulating Jeanna on completing her Skipper training! We saw Jeanna and waved her down. She came over and told us that she was about to get off work, so we wouldn't be able to see her perform today. We still rode the ride though, because we were already at the front of the line. It was a really cute ride, and our skipper was funny. We got off and headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. It was great because it was only a 5 minute wait, so we were able to almost walk right on. Katelyn loved it so much that she wanted to go on it a second time lol. After our encore ride, we met up with Jeanna and went to my faviest ride in the world, Splash Mountain! Unfortunately, when we got there we saw that it had a 70 mintue wait, so we got fastpasses for Splash and went to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Woot! We ran into a guy that I work with, and he was on duty so he gave us free fastpasses for the ride! We were able to get on with no wait. Big Thunder was so much fun! It was great being able to just enjoy it as a guest after working there all week. After that, we rode Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's Philharmagic, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, and Stitch's Great Escape. By then it was time to get back to Splash Mountain for our fastpass time. It was AMAZING as usual lol. After Splash, we went to watch the Spectromagic parade. It was so pretty! Last, but definitely not least, we watched the beautiful fireworks show, Wishes. Now, I really don't like loud noises, and I usually hold my ears during fireworks shows, but today I forced myself not to hold my ears. I didn't hold my ears even once for the entire show! Lol, I was so proud of myself! It was really loud though lol. But yeah. Didn't hold my ears lol. Woot! Anyway, it was a super duper fun day and Katelyn had a blast. It was fun to be able to be with her on her first visit and to witness her amazement at the incredible experience that is the Magic Kingdom park. So MaGiCaL! lol. :)

Tomorrow is my last day off before returning to work. I'd like to go to EPCOT, but we'll see how that goes. I think I'm the only one of my roommates who is off tomorrow, so, yeah. I guess I don't mind going by myself, but its always more fun when you have someone to enjoy it with. I'll probably do though. I'll let you know what happens! Thanks for reading!

Love, Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Meesha! I love your posts !!!! I feel like I am writing a Disney Star!! But that Disney Star is my sister!!!!!!!!! Anyway, Thank you for your wonderful posts, stay in Prayer and remember to get in last tuesday's class!! it is awesome!! Please Pray everyday and stay clean. I am ssooo proud of u and happy for you!! Cant wait for 12 days!! Woottt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job not holding your ears, lol! But really, the sound is part of the experience. Great read! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete