Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yet Another Amazing Day

Today was yet another amazing day of training. Walking through the park this morning, I actually had to stop to pinch myself just to make sure I wasn't deaming lol. Today was the second day of training. I got to work early, so I went to the "Mouseketeria" to get something to eat. I had a bowl of fruit (yum!). BTW, It seems so weird to be calling Disney "work" lol. It seems like those two words don't even belong in the same sentence! Anyway, at 7:30 it was time to meet up with my area trainer. Today my trainer was Jackie. It was pretty cool because my roommate Nikki works right next door at Splash Mountain, so we were in the same training group all day. First we went to the Fastpass machines and learned all about how they operate, how to open them up, and how to manually issue a Fastpass. Next we went to both of the ride entrances (Fastpass entrance and Standby entrance) to learn the various procedues for dealing with guests. Then came more fun! To my extreme delight, we got to ride Splash Mountain. I was SO happy! I wasn't even expecting to get to ride anything today, so it was even better! After Spalsh (YAY!), we went over to explore Tom Sawyer's Island. I had never been to Tom Sawyer's Island before, so it was really cool to be able to do something new. It was a lot of fun. Its pretty easy to get lost over there though, because there are so many different paths and tunnels and caves and stuff. But that's really the fun of it; getting lost and finding your way back again. When everyone finally found their way back, we headed back down into the tunnels to have lunch. I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwhich with onion rings and a sweet tea. It was yummy! After lunch we went to the Disney Learning Center for 2 hours of computer training. We had to sit at computers and watch modules and videos about our various job responsibilities. It was LONG. And I was sooooooo tired...I was sitting at the computer fighting my hardest to stay awake lol. When we were finally done with that, we went back up on "onstage" (out in the park) to help with the 3:00 parade. This was definitely the most magical part of the day. It was AMAZING. We were in Fronteirland which is the last stop for the parades, so while the guests were waiting for the parade to come through, our job was to carry hoolah hoops and play with the kids and just interact with the guests. It was really cool and so much fun. For me, the best part of working at Disney is being able to interact with all of the guests, but especially the kids. When I see them happy and having fun, it makes me think about all the times I came to Disney World and how much fun it always is for me and how happy I get just being at Disney World. Anyway, enough with the cheeziness lol. As the parade rolled into Fronteirland, We got to got over to the area where to parade ends and watch the entire parade as it rolled by. The parade is called, "Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade". Its so cool! I was SO happy when I saw Mickey and Minnie! It was too exciting and I felt like a lil kid lol. Well, after the parade was over, it was time to go home. We went back down into the tunnels to go clock out.

Later on my roommates and I all went out to eat at Hooters. We had a lot of fun and the wings were really good! Well, I gotta be at work tomorrow at 7:30am again, so.....I'm going to bed! 'Nite!

Love, Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sweety! Just thought I'd pop you a note to let you know I'm here. Great writing! Well, keep having fun, stay in prayer, and keep growing spiritually! Say hi to your roomies for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, say hi to Mikey!!!!! lol
    I miss you like...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! Guess what? Im counting down the days to see you just like you did for when u were going!! Now its about -7 for you! lol

    ps wow! Its only been a week??

    ReplyDelete